Welcome to the Strough Referendum Blog. The purpose of this blog is to give you the opportunity to learn more about the Strough building project, answer any of your questions as well as give you the chance to leave a comment.
On December 6 you will have an opportunity to decide whether the Rome City School District can repair, renovate and upgrade Strough Middle School. The building project referendum will allow the district to modernize classrooms, improve physical education and athletic facilities, increase handicapped accessibility, add additional parking, and address roofs, heating and ventilation systems, and technology throughout the building. The project's cost estimate is $25.4 million, and it is eligible for 97.8 percent state aid. Local taxpayers will pay for the remaining 2.2%.
To better help us manage this blog, please limit your postings to 300 words.
Since the Rome City School District website is designed to be used by our students, the district will review all individuals posting for content as directed under Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) to prevent material harmful to minors prior to public posting on the RCSD website.