JThCome Join Us as a Substitute Teacher!
|Requirements: Applicants must possess a four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary institution and possess NYS teacher certification. |
|Application Process: |
- Complete Instructional Application Form indicating position desired on Line 1, that is a substitute teacher, and also list areas you feel confident to substitute in on Line 2. Examples: Math, English, Social Studies, Language, Elementary, etc. Return completed form to Human Resources department.
- Have official college undergraduate and graduate level transcripts sent to the Human Resources Department, 409 Bell Rd., Rome, NY 13440.
- Send out three reference forms or have your college send your credential file to the Human Resources Department.
- Send out the verification of teaching experience form if you have taught before and return to the Human Resources Department.
- Effective July 1, 2001, a fingerprint supported criminal history background check is mandatory for prospective employees of school districts. This is mandated by New York State Department of Education. If you need to be fingerprinted, there is a $91.50 processing fee required. If you already have fingerprints taken by another district or for certification, please note this. Fingerprints are completed by a scanning process so we have clearance in less than 48 hours. More information given at the orientation session.
- Your attendance is required at an orientation session held at the District Office. There will be an orientation on You must RSVP your attendance at a session by calling the Human Resources Office at (315) 338-6532. SEATING IS LIMITED. Daily rate for substitute teachers is: certified - $96.
- All teachers who would like to become a substitute teacher with the Rome City School District must possess teacher certification when they attend substitute teacher orientation. If someone is already a substitute teacher with our District and is not certified, they will still be able to substitute teach with us. The contract requires teachers to request a certified teacher as a substitute. If you have any questions, please call the Human Resources Office at 315 338 6532.
The substitute teacher orientations are held at 409 Bell Rd. (please park in the first parking lot for the building). The eighth and final orientation for 2012 - 2013 school year will in May 16, 2013. If you are interested in attending an orientation, please download the application and reference letters, which can be returned to our office (I would like at least the application and reference letters sent to Human Resources before you sign up for orientation). Forms can be downloaded for your convenience or stop by the Human Resources Department at 409 Bell Rd, Rome, NY 13440 to pick up a packet (you must be a NYS certified teacher to substitute teach in the Rome District). If you have any questions, please call 315 338 6532.