USE OF ATHLETIC EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
A. It is important to emphasize to all athletes their responsibilities as squad members to take good care of school equipment and facilities and to report any abuses to their coach or the Athletic Director. Replacing equipment and repair to facilities can only result in a loss of monies that could be used elsewhere in the athletic program.
1. Athletic Department issued equipment is to be worn only during practice sessions and interscholastic contests, or by permission of coaches. At no time are athletes to wear school issued equipment or uniforms for:
a. Gym classes
b. Work or job
d. School wear (see policy below)
2. Teams may wear uniform tops or game jersey on certain game days only. Normally, the wearing of school athletic items will be reserved for special occasions.
3. In particular sports where athletes personally buy a portion of their practice or game uniforms, these may be worn at the discretion of the athlete.
4. Warm-up jackets (baseball, softball, cheerleaders, etc.) may be worn to and from school but only on contest days.
5. Athletic equipment of the school district will not be loaned to outside groups except with the approval of the Athletic Director in unusual circumstance.
a. Approval will be received through the office of the Athletic Director.
b. For liability reasons, the use of school equipment is discouraged and in the unusual circumstance, a liability release is needed.
6. All athletic facilities will be scheduled on request of the coach by the Athletic Department.
a. A facilities schedule will be kept by the Athletic Director.
b. Head coaches in each sport will meet with the Athletic Director prior to the start of the season for the purpose of scheduling facilities.
CARE OF FACILITIES
Coaches please emphasize and stress to your players the need to clean up debris and litter after your games and practices. If everyone does their part, we will be able to maintain a clean and attractive facility. If your players see their role in keeping the facility clean, they will buy into the idea that they have a responsibility for its preservation.
Bench litter such as tape, cups, etc., needs to be picked up after each activity. We will ask visiting teams, as well as spectators to do the same. All food and drink (other than sideline water, etc.), is to be kept in the stands or the locker room.
Teams using molded cleats should cross the track where rubber carpets are spread. Players wearing molded cleats are NOT to use the track for warm-ups and/or running. Do warm-up laps on the field.
On fields where teams play games and practice on the same field, please have players run on the outside (not on the lines) when doing warm-up/conditioning work.