1. Must work under the direct supervision of an appointed coach.
2. Cannot substitute for an appointed coach at practice or game.
4. The only coaches with authority to supervise and coach a team are people with proper coaching credentials (current First Aid and CPR, who have completed the required coaching certification course or are on proper schedule to complete such, and who have been appointed by the Board of Education).
5. The head coach of a team assumes full responsibility for the actions of a volunteer coach working under their direct supervision.
6. Use of volunteer coaches has some liabilities involved beyond the obvious. Areas where volunteer coaches have proven to be counter productive are:
Whenever we interview a person for a volunteer coaching position, we require that person to become First Aid and CPR certified and orient the person to what coaching certification courses are required.
Some volunteers come to us after already taking First Aid, CPR and coaching certification courses – they really want to coach. Our goal is to prepare these volunteer coaches for appointed positions when the opportunity arises.